The thing about healthy recipes is that you never really know how they will taste. For me personally, I love to eat healthy but it has to taste good as well! So here’s a recipe that’s very healthy….and tastes like it isn’t!
Coconut Lentil Stew
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 can coconut milk (about 400 mL)
- coconut oil and grated coconut to garnish
- Combine the lentils and carrots into a large stockpot.
- Add the can of coconut milk to the stockpot.
- Cover the stockpot and cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until the lentils begin to soften.
- Add the potatoes and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the potatoes begin to soften.
- Once the stew has thickened nicely, serve immediately.
- Garnish with a dollop of coconut oil and a sprinkling of grated coconut.
In case you haven’t realized by now, I sorta like coconut! What can I say – they’re good for me 😉