- A recent study shows that up to 16 percent of Canadian couples deal with infertility. That is approximately one in every six couples.
- Approximately 15 percent of Canadian couples trying to conceive have reported seeking medical help to assist conception.
- Among couples who reported assistance, the women were, on average, 34, and the men, 37.
- Up to 10 percent of Canadian women suffer from endometriosis, one of the leading causes of infertility. The national cost of endometriosis is $1.8 billion annually.
- Depression during periods
- Excessive menstrual flow
- Occasional skipped periods
- Variations in menstrual cycles
- Uterine fibroids
- Breast fibroids, benign masses
- Painful intercourse
At the Functional Health Institute, we always begin by treating those underlying conditions that affect healthy fertility. There is usually a reason why the body is having a difficult time getting pregnant and we work diligently to figure out why.
More specifically, we can assist with the following treatment plans:
- The most effective nutraceutical supplements known to boost fertility
- Fertility diets and nutrition, specific to your individual biology
- Miscarriage prevention with vitamins, minerals, and supplements
- Acupuncture (if desired) to improve blood flow to the pelvic organs and improve IVF outcomes
- Advanced laboratory testing to determine hidden underlying causes of infertility
One of the main differences we provide compared to traditional therapies is that we actually take a great deal of time analyzing your case. You’re not in and out of our office in ten minutes. Instead, we work tirelessly to pinpoint previously undiagnosed imbalances and after carefully reviewing your case, we prescribe individualized combinations of supplements along with a diet program and lifestyle measures to increase your ability to conceive.
We also provide electro-medical acupuncture using research driven protocols that have been proven to increase fertility by a substantial margin (40-60% increase in success rates for IVF cycles). Acupuncture provides you with the time and space to feel completely relaxed while physically enhancing blood flow to your pelvic organs and developing follicles as you go through natural cycles, or prepare for your IVF or IUI cycles. Overall, the program will substantially improve follicle health, enhance implantation, and restore hormonal and emotional balance.
Call us today to schedule a personal health consultation and we will sit down with you to help determine how we can help with your health goals.