It’s HOT today! Much too hot to cook something so here’s a nice, light salad that my family really enjoys!
It’s healthy, refreshing, and more importantly, really easy to make!
Sunny Salad with Pistachio Dressing
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 cup white cabbage, cut into strips
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1/2 green apple, diced
- 1/4 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup pistachios, soaked
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Toss the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, put the pistachios in a blender/coffee grinder and blend until they are finely chopped
- Add the avocado and a little water to the pistachios and keep blending
- Add the bell pepper, salt, and lemon juice and keep blending.
- Add a little water at a time until it becomes a dressing-like consistency.
- You can add extra lemon or salt if desired.
Remember, be resourceful! You may not have sunflower sprouts at home but that doesn’t mean you should give up on the salad – use what you have (alfalfa sprouts, bean sprouts, etc). Or leave them out if you’d like. The important thing to remember is that being healthy doesn’t have to be all or nothing all the time! Just get started taking those steps in the right direction and watch what happens!