We treat many patients who just don’t feel well, despite showing up with normal blood work and physical exams from their primary care physicians.
Keep in mind that the absence of disease DOES NOT necessarily mean you are healthy. True health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being. We help you achieve that state using functional and lifestyle medicine tools for a more thorough assessment and treatment.
These tools include laboratory tests for biochemical and nutrient imbalances. What’s of importance is that testing is individualized for each patient, based on personal symptoms and unique medical history.
At the Functional Health Institute, we are able to scientifically test for the following:
- Biotransformation imbalances (toxicity)
- Hormone imbalances
- Underlying causes of inflammation
- Digestive and absorptive imbalances
- Imbalances in gut microbiota
- Genetic mutations like MTHFR that influence methylation pathways
- Nutrient deficiencies